Lyme Warrior & Prana Seeker


You can view the original post here

Hello Warriors!

I used to be simply on the hike and bike path with my two rescue mutts (Stella & Luna, pictured – aren’t they cute?!) they usually EACH had a TICK on them once I obtained again to the automotive. Not so cute.

Sure, the climate is attractive, however now it’s tick season, so I assumed I’d share a bit of my private Lyme story … and likewise speak about Prana 🙂

They appear like two utterly unrelated matters, however once I take into consideration the place my well being was just some years in the past in comparison with the place I'm now, I do know that battling Lyme illness and studying about self-care, vitamin and tips on how to “fuel my prana” are positively associated. As is commonly the case, had I identified then what I do know now, it will have been a lot simpler. Such is life! However by sharing my story, perhaps you'll be able to be taught from my errors.

WHAT IS PRANA? Prana is a sanscrit phrase which means “life force energy”… all residing issues have power that flows and desires nourishment to maintain life and flourish. In China, it’s known as Qi. In India, it’s known as Prana. Einstein outlined it as power…

As people, we get to decide on the job we've got, the folks we encompass ourselves with and the meals we put into our our bodies. All of those decisions will both “fuel our prana” and convey us nearer to one of the best model of ourselves…  or act like kryptonite and deplete our life pressure power.

On this fast-paced, loopy world, it’s really easy to emphasize our minds and our bodies…

Superfood smoothie? Prana-rich!

Weight-reduction plan soda? Kryptonite!

Recent air? Pure Prana.

Cigarettes? Pure Kryptonite.

Yoga & Meditation? Hi there Prana.

Stress? Killer Kryptonite. 

Generally our get up name is once we or somebody we love will get sick. We lastly have the motivation to take higher care of ourselves. However usually, the tempo of life is so hectic that being sick isn’t even sufficient motivation. As an alternative of resting and recovering, we push by means of and ignore the messages our physique is sending us.

I’m embarrased to confess, that once I was recognized with Lyme and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, I did most every little thing incorrect.

WHAT IS LYME DISEASE?

Lyme illness is unfold by ticks and causes flu-like signs, fatigue, complications, muscle weak point and joint ache. Some folks will get a rash on the website of the chunk, however others don’t. 1000's of individuals get recognized with Lyme yearly. Regardless of all of the signs, I used to be undiagnosed for near 2 years.

Prevention is all the time most popular with any illness. Defend your children, your pets and your self.

I make a twig bottle utilizing Vodka (as a preservative 😉 and an important oil mix known as TerraShield (pictured left – with citronella and cedarwood oils – appears to discourage bugs usually) and I examine myself, my canine and my husband like loopy after we’ve been outside, gardening or mountaineering.

Ticks cover behind ears and in inconspicious locations so examine completely. The CDC says that if the tick is connected to your pores and skin lower than 24 hours, your possibilities of getting Lyme are very slim so that is why checking your self is vital!

PROTECT YOUR PRANA

Clearly, once we are flighting a illness or an infection, it results our Prana… Our power is depleted, our our bodies are drained and our minds can are inclined to get depressed. Though we didn’t select the illness, we will select how we are going to take care of ourselves throughout our therapy.

Don’t make the identical errors I made… 

As an alternative of resting, I skilled for my first 5K whereas on antibiotics. I stored instructing health courses till my knees buckled (actually).

As a result of I used to be so exhausted, I did what most drained folks do… I drank loads of espresso and ate loads of sugar to spice up my power. After I obtained migraines, I drank extra espresso and survived on bottles of Exedrin. After I obtained an ulcer from all of the espresso and ache meds, I took an antacid. After I was so exhausted, I didn’t need to get off the bed, I drank extra espresso.

Espresso and sugar have been my crutches, boosting my power quickly so I might perform.

I used to be about half method by means of my 7 months of antibiotics for Lyme once I began taking yoga and doing acupunture (since my Lyme was undiagnosed for about 2 years, I used to be on a protracted course of antibiotics). Throughout that point, I used to be additionally recognized with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and autoimmune thyroid illness that I’ll have for the remainder of my life. My doc stated the undiagnosed Lyme probably result in the autoimmune illness. Absolutely the dearth of self-care and stress I put my physique by means of didn’t assist.

NOTE – examine for ticks and see a doc ASAP should you suspect any likelihood of Lyme. The earlier you deal with it, the higher.

If I had identified then what I do know now, I'd have handled myself with much more love and kindness. I'd have taken probiotics, eaten natural, clear meals, lowered my stress, gotten extra relaxation and practiced extra self-care. After being handled for Lyme and happening remedy for Hashimotos, it took me years to recuperate my well being. The antibiotics did their job, however I wasn’t doing my half. I anticipated the remedy to be a magic bullet and that I might hold abusing my physique.

FOOD IS MEDICINE

Folks have a look at me now as a well being coach and a yoga instructor they usually suppose I’ve all the time been this wholesome. The reality is, if I hadn’t modified my consuming behavior and life-style decisions, I’d nonetheless be the prepare wreck I used to be 18 years in the past… and doubtless a lot worse… Many individuals with Hashimotos  battle with weight points, arthritis and power fatigue. However as a substitute, I really feel higher at 48 than I did at 28 (and that's the sincere fact).

The actual shift occurred once I began practising yoga and fascinated with meals as drugs and both “fueling my prana” or depleting my life pressure power. As I wrote about in my e book, Discover Your Versatile Warrior, my method is an anti-inflammatory superfoods food plan that reduces your possibilities of illness and fuels your life pressure power. I actually consider this method to consuming and life has reworked me from sick and exhausted to wholesome and energized.

So, as a Lyme Warrior and a Prana Seeker, the underside line is…

  1. defend your children, pets and self towards ticks
  2. should you do get bitten, see a physician instantly
  3. should you do get Lyme (or any an infection or illness) relaxation, eat effectively and follow severe self-care
  4. Select meals and actions that gasoline your prana
  5. Restrict meals and actions that deplete your prana

If you happen to’d wish to gasoline your prana and incorporate extra yoga and superfoods into your life, be a part of me in Could for the Versatile Warrior Yoga & Superfood Smoothie Problem and this month my e book “Find Your Flexible Warrior” is free on Amazon Kindle so seize your self a replica and get on the therapeutic journey with me.

XO & Namaste,

Karen Dubs

www.flexiblewarrior.com



You can view the original post here Show Original: https://librareview.com/lyme-warrior-prana-seeker/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Anti-Aging Treatment Products Work

Anti-Aging Treatments – Treatment of Age Spots

Meat Free Taco Recipes from Dietitians