2022 Temper Board / What's a temper board in knitting?
You can view the original post here
One of many coolest issues about being a sample designer, whether or not within the knitting & crochet world or in any other case, is gathering inspiration. I personally am an enormous fan of following blogs and utilizing Pinterest to catalog issues I discover inspiring (personal boards are particularly helpful for engaged on secret design initiatives). Gathering inspiration collectively like this helps me to zoom out of my anxious on a regular basis mind and discover what’s persistently inspiring me. It helps me see the forest as an alternative of the timber… squirrels… leaves…. haunted witchy cottage… you see what I imply.
Temper boards & how they’re used within the knit design world
When a designer submits to a design name for a e-book or journal, we are sometimes given two items of steering: a brief design transient describing the objectives for the sample assortment, and a temper board. Temper boards sound sort of fancy-schmance, however they’re actually only a collage of inspiring photographs, sample silhouettes, coloration palettes, and so forth. These are sometimes both photoshopped collectively in a PDF or gathered right into a sometimes-private Pinterest board you need to request to see. The purpose? Encourage a bunch of designers (usually people who won't ever meet, which is so bizarre!) to design patterns that “go” collectively in an intentional approach.
Since I’m used to drawing inspiration so usually from temper boards, I assumed it is likely to be useful to use that strategy to my work for the yr. For just a few months, I’ve been saving inspiring photographs, and now that I’ve been in a position to take a step again, the pictures on this put up ought to assist offer you thought of the vibe for Arms Occupied’s 2022 knitting designs. 😊 Let me know which of those cute clothes is your favourite!
Sources
taco sweater: Joseph at London Fashion Week Fall 2016 / cloud sweater / puff sleeve sweater: alice & olivia / inside out nordic star sweater: Isabel Marant Fall 2018 Ready-to-Wear Fashion Show Collection / alphabet sweater: misha & puff / yellow ruffle knit vest: cider / heart pullover: madewell / wallace tartan pullover: free classic knitting sample / knit swimsuit: Swimsuit, 1928 by Ukrainian-born French artist and designer Sonia Delaunay
You can view the original post here Show Original: https://librareview.com/2022-temper-board-whats-a-temper-board-in-knitting/
Comments
Post a Comment