It labored…. Child Bean due Nov 2022!
You can view the original post here

I do know we left a number of you on a cliffhanger after the embryo switch… spoiler alert, it labored!
You'll be able to learn all in regards to the embryo switch right here. (In case you’re new right here, you may wish to begin right here).
After the embryo switch, you may have what is understood within the fertility world because the ‘two week wait’. That is the time between the switch and the primary blood take a look at to measure beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), a hormone produced by the placenta.
Ashley took an early being pregnant take a look at (we’d agreed she would do that and simply not inform us if it got here again unfavourable!!) so we had been hopeful that the blood assessments would come again with the identical outcomes. What you’re in search of is a the hCG doubling each 48-72 hours, though beginning factors might be very completely different for everybody, we had been informed that various over 50 can be ‘positive’.


There was a take a look at on Day 10 the place Ashley’s beta hCG was 305 after which elevated to 1864 on Day 14. We had been formally pregnant!
I flew over to the US for the heartbeat scan at 7 weeks (which fortunately coincided with the New York Metropolis Half Marathon).Up till this level I hadn’t actually let it sink int hat we had been having a child. We simply stored saying to ourselves that it was working, and held our breath hoping it will proceed to develop and develop usually.

Listening to the heartbeat and seeing the child on the ultrasound made it really feel so actual. It was a protracted journey for a 15 minute appointment however value each second. Previous to the scan I’d been combating feeling actually indifferent and actually unhappy that it wasn’t me that was pregnant. I’d ready myself for IVF and the bodily strategy of surrogacy however I hadn’t ready myself for all the feelings I might expertise as soon as Ashley was truly pregnant.
Seeing our child on the display, hugging Ashley and talking to the docs who had been superb in our state of affairs helped with all these feelings. I’m additionally so grateful to Ashley for the common updates of what the child is craving every week!
There was one other scan scheduled two weeks later the place I used to be in a position to FaceTime in throughout my lunch break on the hospital. All was wanting good…

Sadly Ashley was experiencing a number of illness and so had an additional docs appointment and scan that we had been in a position FaceTime into whereas we had been snowboarding. Though I felt extremely responsible that Ashley was feeling so dangerous, it was pretty to see the child once more.
Tom’s annual go away and my journey to California for Massive Sur coincided with the 12 week scan.
I used to be grateful to have the ability to attend each the embryo switch and seven week scan, however this was Tom’s first time being there for the scan. When selecting to undergo the surrogacy course of within the US, we knew it was actually vital for us to be at as many scans/appointments as attainable. Clearly Tom’s workers journey helps with this quite a bit!
All 4 of us had been within the room for the scan. The connection with Ashley and Trever is so vital to us and we've got hit the jackpot with the best possible couple to undergo this with (our company did an incredible job matching us!)

Every part appeared good on the 12 week scan, with the child measuring slightly forward. It additionally handed all of the well being checks which is reassuring. We’re on observe for a due date of November third.
We’re excited to journey over for the 20 week scan in June and have Ashley and Trever be a part of the gender reveal!
Let me know when you have any questions on our journey – we’re eager to share extra round surrogacy and our causes for going by way of this course of within the US (learn why right here!)
You can view the original post here Show Original: https://librareview.com/it-labored-child-bean-due-nov-2022/
Comments
Post a Comment